Mung Bean Vermicelli with Vietnamese Sausage and Chinese Celery
(by courtesy of Department of Dietetics, Queen Mary Hospital)
Ingredients (2servings, 200kcal)
Mung bean vermicelli 60g
Vietnamese sausage 5slices
Chinese Celery 4stalks
Sesame oil 1 1/2tbsps
Lime juice 1tbsp
Fish sauce 3/4tbsp
Vegetable broth 2cups
- Rinse ingredients and drain.
- Strips the Chinese celery, carrots and Vietnamese sausages.
- Soak mung bean vermicelli in water until soft.
- Bring vegetable broth to boil, add mung bean vermicelli and cook for 1 minute. Drain and place on a serving plate. Add coriander into the vegetable broth and pour into a serving bowl.
- Add Vietnamese sausage, Chinese celery and carrots to the mung bean vermicelli, top with the sesame oil, lime juice and fish sauce and mix well.
- Serve with the vegetable broth.
Mung bean vermicelli is a low fat and low glycemic index food. It can prolong satiety, improve blood sugar and weight control.